If you are not familiar with malware, XP Antivirus Pro 2013 is a dangerous virus that changes its designation depending on the Operating System you use and enters your computer to virtually corrupt all your programs and render your system useless for all practical reasons. Recently noticed in the first week of November 2012, there are thousands of computers that were affected by this malware in the US alone.
Termed to be an intellectual attack, the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 is the successor of the XP Antivirus 2012 virus that made its way into thousands of computers barely a year ago. Many users have reported the malware presenting itself under the appellate Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013, Win 7 Antispyware Pro 2013 and XP Antispyware Pro 2013 depending on the OS you have. Thus, it is a potentially dangerous malware to tackle.
Through which medium does the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 foray into your computer?
The age-old Internet method of infection applies when we’re talking about the XP Antivirus Pro 2013. The most popular medium for infection remains the Internet where unsuspecting people download the malware through hacked websites, under the pretext of downloading books, movies, and songs, and through risky sites. The biggest problem with XP Antivirus Pro 2013 is that it is very powerfully designed. Normal anti-virus software is no match for the technical prowess of the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 and at times, the malware is known to corrupt your anti-virus software too. Thus, you will need an external combat agent to tackle the noxious affects of the XP Antivirus Pro 2013, provided to you by several automatic download programs.
In addition, you can manually help remove the malware from your system too, which is a risky and difficult procedure and unless done under the supervision of trained experts, can result in your computer getting hanged in the bargain and being corrupted forever. Here is a screenshot of the malware doing bogus scan :
How noxious can the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 be to your computer?
After being installed into your computer system drives through the Internet, the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 next attacks your anti-virus software program. You then, receive numerous alerts into your system saying – ‘Your Windows Disk needs a temporary overhaul. Click ‘Yes’ to scan your disk drives.’ The user, not suspicious about an alert of this nature, clicks ‘Yes’ and that’s where the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 begins corrupting every disk drive, program and file that it can get under its scrutiny. One by one, all the data you’ve painstakingly stored in your computer is washed forever and you are left with just the skeleton of your logical device! This is exactly how noxious the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 can be to your computer.
How To Remove XP Antivirus Pro 2013
To halt it before it destroys all your software, data, and hardware, you immediately must begin a XP Antivirus Pro 2013 removal program, which can be done in two ways – manual methods of malware removal or automatic methods of malware removal. Let us examine each method in detail after which we’ve provide you our final recommendation about the best method to use.
A) Remove XP Antivirus Pro 2013 Automatically – Easiest Removal Method
What if you do not know the technical aspects of removing the XP Antivirus Pro 2013? Does that mean you have to completely format your computer and install a new OS? No, with the automatic XP Antivirus Pro 2013 removal method in place, all you have to do is click on a few buttons, and the malware will be obliterated in a jiffy. Contrary to the manual method, the automatic XP Antivirus Pro 2013 removal methods are fast, easy and comfortable for you to use. Here are the exact steps you need to follow :
1. Let the malware running in your computer and press “Alt+Ctrl+Delete” keys to access Task Manager. Locate a process having three letters in its name (like “skv.exe” and other strange names which you haven’t seen before),
Right click over that process and select “End Process Tree“. Please keep in mind that there are other critical and legitimate Windows processes which also have a 3 letter name so please be careful and don’t get confused. The name “skv.exe” is just an example as this rogue software changes its name randomly. Please End Taska process having 3 letter strange name and most likely that will be XP Antivirus Pro 2013.
2. Now click on “Start–>Run“, type “http://www.fakeavhelp.com/fixexe.reg” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. This will start downloading the .reg file from our website. Please save this .reg file on desktop. This file with fix the EXE extensions which are messed up by the malware.
After downloading the file, please double click over it and click on “Yes” button on appeared dialog box. This will fix the registry associations and rogue software won’t be able to launch all the time whenever you run any application.
3. Now click on Start–>Run, type “http://www.fakeavhelp.com/download.php” (without quotation marks) and click OK button. This will start downloading a genuine anti-malware tool called SpyHunter. Save the installer file on Desktop. Alternatively, you can also click the button below to download Spy Hunter :
4. Once SpyHunter is installed, do a Full Scan of your computer and Spy Hunter will automatically recognize the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 malware and ensure that is deactivated and has no path to tread. Once the scan is complete, Fix all the threats and your computer is free from the Trojan!
That’s all you need to do to get rid of the malware in an extremely easy way.
What are the Advantages of XP Antivirus Pro 2013 removal with automatic software:
There are several benefits that you get when you use automatic spyware to remove XP Antivirus Pro 2013 from your computer.
- The results are guaranteed and there is no labor on your part as our software tackles the malware completely automatically; whereas in the manual method, you will need to work very hard on coding, debugging and still not are sure about the results.
- XP Antivirus Pro 2013 can be efficiently removed through automatic programs. Even if you do manage to expunge XP Antivirus Pro 2013 out of the system with a manual coding work, you will have to agree about the method being risky and not easy at all!
Thus, when it comes to removing XP Antivirus Pro 2013 from your computer, we recommend using automatic software spyware only, unless you are a manual expert, which is not often the case with everyone who operate a computer.
B) Removing the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 Manually – Tedious Method
One of the ways to wipe out the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 malware from your computer would be use a manual method. Though the manual method might seem simple when you look at these set of instructions, it is not! Fixing bugs and entries in the software of your computer is an excruciating task and you will definitely need to have a plot of technical knowhow, patience and expertise to do the job.
In order to benefit from the manual method, you are required to know the following –
- Running your task bar manager efficiently and the ability to shut down programs using the ‘End Task’ feature.
- Being able to conduct a disk drive clean up at the system booting level.
- Search and delete all the infected files off your computer and find more malwares If exists.
- Remove malicious registry entries and correct the ones which were manipulated by the malware.
Follow these manual removal steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, please press Alt + Control + Delete key to access Task Manager. Find the culprit software in running processes and “End Task” it forcefully.
2. After you terminate the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 virus, you will need to run Registry Editor. Click on Start—>Run, type “regedit” and click OK button. This will show registry editor and you need to edit/correct these entries :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe “(Default)” = ‘<random>’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “%1″ %*
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\<random> “(Default)” = ‘Application’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\<random>\DefaultIcon “(Default)” = ‘%1′
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\<random>\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “%1″ %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “%1″ %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ah\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “%1″ %*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “”%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe -a “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “”%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “”%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe” -a “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”"
3. Depending on how long the XP Antivirus Pro 2013 has been infecting your computer, a number of programs might have been corrupted by the malware. You might need to re-install those programs and before you do that, First you need to find the executable files of XP Antivirus 2013 so that It can’t bug you later. Find and delete these files from your computer :
%LocalAppData%\<random 3 chars>.exe
After following above steps, your computer should be free from the malware. However, you never know If more malware products are residing in your computer and It is always a good idea to use a genuine malware remover to scan your whole computer for infections.
If you’ve any questions about removing XP Antivirus Pro 2013, feel free to post them here and we’ll respond as quickly as we can.